Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Staying home from school...

I thought about a few things. I also realized this house is an ice box! It's warmer outside then inside! Anywho, I stayed home because I am ill; I am not entirely sure of the cause, but that's besides the point, I think I can forgo the details.

My thoughts (Or, well, my rants):

When someone comes to you for advise and then deliberately disobeys. The situation is always ten times worse when you're related - or extremely close to- to the said person. I will not name who, but she constantly asks me for advise. I give her the best advice not only from personal experience, but from my adviser( which sometimes ends up being the same thing). Yet, she plays the Devil's advocate and argues with me. What's the point? Don't ask me for help! If you just want to vent, say so! Don't ask me to help, just ask me to listen if you don't wish to consider the offers.

People who claim false racism. I was reading my friend's blog about the election and it made me remember something; I was called racists because I didn't like Obama. I never said I didn't like the man, I am sure he's a very good guy, I don't like his policies. But, now that I think about it, it was a double edged sword. If you didn't vote for Obama you were racist, but if you didn't vote for McCain and Palin, you were sexist? Is it possible that- American people- have gone from one extreme to the next? At one point in time we stayed ignorant to racism and sexism, pretending it didn't exist, but now, do we automatically think if you disagree or go against a woman or a minority you are automatically a bigot? Do we try to pull cards on each other to make them understand either side? Or make them feel guilty? It makes no sense to me. Also, people keep saying this election made history. But, isn't that true for all the other elections? And did anyone pay attention to the Green Party runner? She was Black and a woman, but no one made a big deal of her. (if I remember right).

Eh, whatever, I am starting to feel sick again. Good bye.

No comments: